FAQs and Tips
- Our event is a North Texas Race Director Task Force (NTRDTF) Certified Event – What Does This Mean? We will follow the guidance of local government and health officials as it relates to precautions being taken relative to COVID-19 protocols. The NTRDTF continuously monitors best practices for safe live events and will implement safety guidelines such as a staggered start line, face mask wearing in common areas, bottled water at the start/finish only and all swag items given at packet pickup. These may be adjusted based on current conditions.
- Safety of the participants, volunteers, crew, staff, sponsors, heck everyone involved, is paramount, that said this is a rain or shine event.
- Kids are welcome.
- Dogs or pets of any kind unfortunately are not welcome (we love them too but our insurance does not allow for them).
- Register early to save money (and share the love with your bro’s, friends, and fellow Rahr brew lovers, tell them about the event and early pricing!)
- There are no refunds or deferrals, once you register, you are registered, see next about transferring your registration to someone else.
- You can manage your registration including, changing your shirt size, transferring your registration to someone else and more by logging in to runsignup.com and click Profile and My Registered Races. Find your Rahr event and click Manage Registration. From there you can do all types of fun things!
- We offer discounts to running/walking/fitness clubs who will promote the race to its membership database and/or corporate groups and teams of ten of more participants, email us at email@example.com to get started.
Packet Pick Up
- There is no race day packet pick up so you must attend a pre-race packet pick up. No exceptions.
- A friend or family member can pick up your packet for you, just make sure they have a copy of your registration confirmation.
Mail packet option:
In addition there is a packet mailing option for $15 which you may purchase during the online registration process. If you are already registered, you can add this option by managing your registration. To manage your registration and add-on the packet mailing follow these steps:
- Login at runsignup.com
- In the upper right hand corner select Profile from the drop down menu
- Under Upcoming Events find your Rahr Oktoberfest 5K registration and select Manage Registration
- From the navigation select Add-Ons and follow the prompts to completion
Still have questions on how to do this? Check out the runsignup add-on management tutorial!
Packet Mailing Cutoff:
The cutoff to purchase the race packet mailing date is Saturday, September 1, 2023. No exceptions. Why is this? Because due to possible delays in shipping, this allows for any delays that could happen with the carrier! We want to make sure we’re able to help you get your bib and race shirt in case something unexpected does happen. Crossing our fingers it all goes perfectly of course!
Online Registration Closing:
Online registration closes for this event on Friday, September 15 at 5 PM local time, if you register at the time of closing, you will need to immediately go to packet pickup because there is no race day pick up at the race on Saturday morning. The last day of packet pick up is Friday, September 15, from 12 PM - 10 PM at Rahr & Sons Brewery, 701 Galveston Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76104.
- Arrive earlier than you think you need to on race day.
- Parking is on the streets around the brewery and very limited, see above tip for more detail.
- Carpool, rideshare or ride your bike to the race as there is very limited parking near the brewery on race day.
- Bring your ID if you plan to have brews.
- Drink responsibly.
- Family and friends who are not registered can come along and watch at no cost.
- We do not have a bag check area.
- Oh and run with a smile, this is a party people.
- Something we missed or didn’t cover, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out social runs, all listed on our facebook page under events here: facebook.com/rahroktoberfest5k.